This week the “Systemic Lawyering in Times of Crisis” Webinar Tuesday April 14 at 12pm EST, will focus on immigration.
This week’s session, Tuesday April 14 at 12pm EST, focuses on immigration and features the following panelists:
- Lam Ho: Executive Director and Founder at Beyond Legal Aid
- Phil Torrey: Managing Attorney of the Harvard Immigration and Refugee Clinical Program, Director of Crimmigration Clinic
- Becky Wolozin, Attorney with Immigrant Advocacy Program at the Legal Aid Justice Center
Next week’s session, Tuesday, April 21, at 12pm EST, will focus on the criminal legal system and feature:
- Judge Nancy Gertner, Senior Lecturer at Harvard Law School
- Rachael Rollins, District Attorney Suffolk County
- Carol Rose – Executive Director of the ACLU of Massachusetts
The series features systemically oriented lawyers and activists in fields most affected by our latest crisis. Each session examines the special challenges posed by the crisis, the pressing needs, the new opportunities, and the more general lessons for lawyers, law students, and others committed to promoting systemic change.
For more details about the series, including links to videos of previous sessions, see https://systemicjusticeblog.wordpress.com/2020/03/29/systemic-lawyering-webinar-series/
You can watch one of last week’s webinars, featuring Esme Caramello, Joey Longley, and Derecka Purnell here.
If you are a law student looking for ways to pitch in: https://www.peoplesparity.org/coronavirus/